One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A planet which is held to have a particular influence over a specific sign of the zodiac, house, aspect of life, etc.
- ‘While your ruling planet Mercury in the sign of practical Capricorn isn't brilliant for imaginative work, it's excellent for spotting profitable business opportunities.’
- ‘With your ruling planet in Scorpio going retrograde next week, it may be a good time to practice some of the skills of love.’
- ‘Your personal ruling planets are Venus and Moon.’
- ‘Your ruling planet Venus is naturally goddess of shopping, and this week she'll be giving your urge to splurge on essential luxuries an encouraging nudge.’
- ‘While you and Sagittarius host each other's ruling planets, you've been blessed with a remarkable and mutually advantageous natural alliance.’
- ‘In your case, with your Leo Ascendant, your ruling planet is the Sun.’
- ‘Their job, like their ruling planet the Sun, is to shine.’
- ‘Venus, your perpetual ruling planet, continues its retrograde motion in your opposite sign of Scorpio, which is certainly bringing you a whole new perspective on your relationships.’
- ‘Very communicative thanks to their ruling planet Mercury, Virgo children love to talk, and are lively in arguments and debates.’
- ‘After the Sun moves into Virgo on August 23, Mercury moves into Libra on August 26 and Mars, your ruling planet, moves into Virgo on August 29, you will feel as if you need to be more careful, tend to details and listen to others.’
- ‘With your ruling planet, Mercury, zooming backwards in Capricorn, you may be prone to profound hunches that feel solid but are actually wrong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.