One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Today, as she tends her garden in a retirement community, Brevard considers her glamorous past with a mix of ruefulness and pride.’
- ‘There is a quality of self-directed ruefulness or self-causation.’
- ‘I told her about my coffee date with my neighbour last week, and we analysed with our usual ruefulness the mixture of mellowness and awkwardness that arose.’
- ‘But the more I thought about the matter, the more my feelings turned to ruefulness.’
- ‘Folk and country, romance and ruefulness, innocence and experience are all conjoined in their bewitching vocal harmonies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.