One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is a quality of self-directed ruefulness or self-causation.’
- ‘But the more I thought about the matter, the more my feelings turned to ruefulness.’
- ‘Today, as she tends her garden in a retirement community, Brevard considers her glamorous past with a mix of ruefulness and pride.’
- ‘Folk and country, romance and ruefulness, innocence and experience are all conjoined in their bewitching vocal harmonies.’
- ‘I told her about my coffee date with my neighbour last week, and we analysed with our usual ruefulness the mixture of mellowness and awkwardness that arose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.