One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Folk and country, romance and ruefulness, innocence and experience are all conjoined in their bewitching vocal harmonies.’
- ‘I told her about my coffee date with my neighbour last week, and we analysed with our usual ruefulness the mixture of mellowness and awkwardness that arose.’
- ‘There is a quality of self-directed ruefulness or self-causation.’
- ‘Today, as she tends her garden in a retirement community, Brevard considers her glamorous past with a mix of ruefulness and pride.’
- ‘But the more I thought about the matter, the more my feelings turned to ruefulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.