One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A hundred thousand people had been assembled in East Berlin to hear him, on a rubbly wasteland off the Friedrichstrasse.’
- ‘It took me a couple of hours, crunching down a steep rubbly track with a panorama of mountains ahead no matter which way the path twisted.’
- ‘The roads were so rubbly and so steep and so winding that we moved, it seemed, in slow motion.’
- ‘After a short climb up the frozen rocky face I found myself on a small, rubbly outcrop of dark rock.’
- ‘The ending is a blaze of light and sirens and press reporters and a standing ovation when I walk out of what could have been rubbly grave.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.