One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ending is a blaze of light and sirens and press reporters and a standing ovation when I walk out of what could have been rubbly grave.’
- ‘A hundred thousand people had been assembled in East Berlin to hear him, on a rubbly wasteland off the Friedrichstrasse.’
- ‘After a short climb up the frozen rocky face I found myself on a small, rubbly outcrop of dark rock.’
- ‘It took me a couple of hours, crunching down a steep rubbly track with a panorama of mountains ahead no matter which way the path twisted.’
- ‘The roads were so rubbly and so steep and so winding that we moved, it seemed, in slow motion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.