One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denatured alcohol, typically perfumed, used as an antiseptic or in massage.
- ‘The stench of rubbing alcohol and formaldehyde was almost unbearable.’
- ‘Sponge with a piece of cotton dipped in rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘Do not use rubbing alcohol on your child's skin.’
- ‘An excellent liniment for bruises, aches and sprains is made from a combination of myrrh, golden seal and cayenne, macerated in rubbing alcohol for about two weeks.’
- ‘There's a bottle of rubbing alcohol that's already been opened.’
- ‘In the cleaning solution bucket, add one cup each of ammonia and one cup of vinegar, plus two tablespoons of rubbing alcohol and stir.’
- ‘Sterilize a clean, sharp needle by wiping it with rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘Avoid rubbing alcohol or any skin care product that contains alcohol as these destroy natural oils on the skin and make it dry out faster.’
- ‘Use a non abrasive cleaner to clean the surface followed by rubbing alcohol, which will remove any residue.’
- ‘A homemade cure, however, can be mixed from a solution of half rubbing alcohol and half vinegar.’
- ‘Get rid of buildup on windows by first wiping them with rubbing alcohol, then rinsing with two tablespoons of vinegar in one quart of water.’
- ‘Wipe both sides with a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘Soak them or wipe them down with a solution of ordinary rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘A drop or two of rubbing alcohol may help dry the area.’
- ‘If regular rubbing alcohol doesn't work ask your pharmacist for denatured alcohol.’
- ‘Blot stains with solvent cleaner such as rubbing alcohol, denatured alcohol, or dry cleaning fluid or your favorite household solvent cleaner.’
- ‘A solution of acetone nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, and club soda, shaken around well enough, will help remove any material you couldn't remove with a vacuum.’
- ‘I mix it with rubbing alcohol to speed up evaporation.’
- ‘Soak hair-care items like combs, barrettes, hair ties or bands, headbands, and brushes in rubbing alcohol or medicated shampoo for 1 hour.’
- ‘To clean the glass baubles, place a terry towel in the bottom of a sink, partially fill with water adding some automatic dishwashing detergent and rubbing alcohol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.