One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denatured alcohol, typically perfumed, used as an antiseptic or in massage.
- ‘A drop or two of rubbing alcohol may help dry the area.’
- ‘To clean the glass baubles, place a terry towel in the bottom of a sink, partially fill with water adding some automatic dishwashing detergent and rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘Sponge with a piece of cotton dipped in rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘Soak hair-care items like combs, barrettes, hair ties or bands, headbands, and brushes in rubbing alcohol or medicated shampoo for 1 hour.’
- ‘A solution of acetone nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, and club soda, shaken around well enough, will help remove any material you couldn't remove with a vacuum.’
- ‘Soak them or wipe them down with a solution of ordinary rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘The stench of rubbing alcohol and formaldehyde was almost unbearable.’
- ‘There's a bottle of rubbing alcohol that's already been opened.’
- ‘Use a non abrasive cleaner to clean the surface followed by rubbing alcohol, which will remove any residue.’
- ‘An excellent liniment for bruises, aches and sprains is made from a combination of myrrh, golden seal and cayenne, macerated in rubbing alcohol for about two weeks.’
- ‘Get rid of buildup on windows by first wiping them with rubbing alcohol, then rinsing with two tablespoons of vinegar in one quart of water.’
- ‘Sterilize a clean, sharp needle by wiping it with rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘Do not use rubbing alcohol on your child's skin.’
- ‘I mix it with rubbing alcohol to speed up evaporation.’
- ‘If regular rubbing alcohol doesn't work ask your pharmacist for denatured alcohol.’
- ‘Wipe both sides with a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol.’
- ‘Blot stains with solvent cleaner such as rubbing alcohol, denatured alcohol, or dry cleaning fluid or your favorite household solvent cleaner.’
- ‘A homemade cure, however, can be mixed from a solution of half rubbing alcohol and half vinegar.’
- ‘In the cleaning solution bucket, add one cup each of ammonia and one cup of vinegar, plus two tablespoons of rubbing alcohol and stir.’
- ‘Avoid rubbing alcohol or any skin care product that contains alcohol as these destroy natural oils on the skin and make it dry out faster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.