One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For all our grousing about rubberneckers, who among us doesn't slow down to gawk at a car wreck?’
- ‘The film company had blocked off this section of town but there were thousands of rubberneckers wanting to catch a glimpse of the star.’
- ‘Let's face it, we're a nation of rubberneckers, eager to gawk at any accident, smoldering homestead, or decaying corpse as long as it is not our own.’
- ‘By keeping rubberneckers back, police minimize the danger from gunfire or explosions.’
- ‘Like a rubbernecker driving past a horrifically bloody accident, I can't seem to stop myself from watching the carnage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.