One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Erase pencil marks with an eraser.
erase, delete, scrub out, wipe off, remove, efface, obliterate, expungeView synonyms
- ‘You make your mark and that is it, you can't rub it out.’
- ‘They need to get it right first time as well as they can't just rub it out and start again.’
- ‘They quite often have to rub their work out at the end of the day and use the paper again.’
- ‘But as I stood there, scribbling away on the white board, rubbing words out and rewriting, we hashed out a statement.’
- ‘The word had been rubbed out.’
- ‘It was built unsymmetrically because Stalin wrote on the plans; they were redesigned around his scrawl because nobody had the courage to rub it out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.