One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Internet is a hotbed of royalism; anti-monarchism and republicanism are comparatively thinly represented.’
- ‘The history of rights as a political language is properly associated with movements of resistance to royalism, culminating in the English, American, and French revolutions.’
- ‘Balancing royalism with the region's often virulent strain of fundamentalism has never been easy.’
- ‘There were two options for royalism after 1814: to attempt to revive absolutism or to accept constitutional monarchy - in other words, royal Bonapartism or royal parliamentarianism.’
- ‘In England, the staunch royalism of the reformed monasteries was reciprocated by King Edgar's support for the enhancement of clerical status through adherence to the ideals of Benedictine monasticism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.