One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hard white icing made from confectioners' sugar and egg whites, typically used to decorate fruitcakes.
glaze, sugar pasteView synonyms
- ‘Decoration is important; festive fruit cakes are usually topped with marzipan and covered with royal icing, suitably embellished with piping, cut paper, and little figures.’
- ‘The focus of this class is learning and perfecting various kinds of piping and flowers made from buttercream and royal icing.’
- ‘All the cakes were either topped with royal icing or butter icing.’
- ‘Made from icing sugar and egg whites, royal icing sets like concrete.’
- ‘The festival will include cakes for all occasions, with toppings made of fondant, butter cream, fresh cream, and royal icing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.