One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hard white icing made from confectioners' sugar and egg whites, typically used to decorate fruitcakes.
glaze, sugar pasteView synonyms
- ‘The focus of this class is learning and perfecting various kinds of piping and flowers made from buttercream and royal icing.’
- ‘The festival will include cakes for all occasions, with toppings made of fondant, butter cream, fresh cream, and royal icing.’
- ‘Decoration is important; festive fruit cakes are usually topped with marzipan and covered with royal icing, suitably embellished with piping, cut paper, and little figures.’
- ‘Made from icing sugar and egg whites, royal icing sets like concrete.’
- ‘All the cakes were either topped with royal icing or butter icing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.