One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shy West African antelope with an arched back, short neck, and a red and brown coat with white underparts. It is the smallest known antelope.
- ‘Despite its size, the royal antelope is reputedly able to jump about 2.8 m (9 feet) at a bound.’
- ‘It's a wonderful introduction to places and creatures rarely heard about, from the kagu (an endangered bird from the island of New Caledonia) to the rare royal antelope of the Guinean forests of West Africa.’
- ‘The delicate pygmy antelopes include the royal antelope, beira, klipspringer, oribi, grysbok, steinbok, dik-dik, and suni.’
- ‘The former is slightly below the size range of the smallest extant bovid, the royal antelope; the latter is slightly above the size range of the largest extant bovid, the Asian water buffalo.’
- ‘The other stamps in the set depict the manatee and the royal antelope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.