Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An arsenic-containing antibiotic drug that is widely used as a food additive in the poultry industry to promote growth and control intestinal parasites. It is considered a source of arsenic contamination in water near some large poultry producers.
- ‘The addition of roxarsone to chicken feed has stirred up debate ever since it was revealed that this organoarsenic compound can be transformed into more toxic inorganic arsenic.’
- ‘The use of roxarsone in broiler feeds has no adverse effect on immunity to coccidiosis after Coccivac- B vaccination.’
- ‘Organic arsenic is an approved ingredient in roxarsone, a feed additive used in poultry and swine.’
- ‘Claims that an boy developed leukemia because of environmental exposure to the medicated feed additive, roxarsone, may be going back to court as a result of a ruling by the Arkansas Supreme Court.’
- ‘Roxarsone, an organoarsenic compound, is added to poultry feed to improve weight gain and feed efficiency.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.