One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An arsenic-containing antibiotic drug that is widely used as a food additive in the poultry industry to promote growth and control intestinal parasites. It is considered a source of arsenic contamination in water near some large poultry producers.
- ‘Claims that an boy developed leukemia because of environmental exposure to the medicated feed additive, roxarsone, may be going back to court as a result of a ruling by the Arkansas Supreme Court.’
- ‘Organic arsenic is an approved ingredient in roxarsone, a feed additive used in poultry and swine.’
- ‘Roxarsone, an organoarsenic compound, is added to poultry feed to improve weight gain and feed efficiency.’
- ‘The use of roxarsone in broiler feeds has no adverse effect on immunity to coccidiosis after Coccivac- B vaccination.’
- ‘The addition of roxarsone to chicken feed has stirred up debate ever since it was revealed that this organoarsenic compound can be transformed into more toxic inorganic arsenic.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.