One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Malostranske Pivnice, our first experience of a genuine Czech pub, is filled with locals rowdily downing drink after drink.’
- ‘Even though they weren't exactly my cup of tea, the crowd took them in with open arms, and bounced rowdily to the beats.’
- ‘Everyone was pretty drunk, running around the town centre and yelling rowdily.’
- ‘As an ex-bouncer, let me point out from experience that getting through a crowd like that is virtually impossible, especially when it's a drunk and rowdily cheerful crowd.’
- ‘It isn't clear whether he was interceding in a fight or trying to quiet down someone who was behaving rowdily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.