Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Any of various numbers used to direct data, documents, or merchandise, including.
- ‘All the other logins had a routing code, corresponding to the network console they had used inside the building.’
- 1.1The magnetically encoded numbers on a check.
- ‘On file, open to the public, is his driver's license, Social Security card and a cancelled check, with the routing code for drawing money out of his bank account.’
- 1.2A numeric code that directs telephone calls or Internet traffic.
- ‘Now that we have identified where MFC entries are added, modified and deleted, we can start hooking the multicast routing code.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.