1Any of various numbers used to direct data, documents, or merchandise, including.
- ‘All the other logins had a routing code, corresponding to the network console they had used inside the building.’
- 1.1 The magnetically encoded numbers on a check.
- ‘On file, open to the public, is his driver's license, Social Security card and a cancelled check, with the routing code for drawing money out of his bank account.’
- 1.2 A numeric code that directs telephone calls or Internet traffic.
- ‘Now that we have identified where MFC entries are added, modified and deleted, we can start hooking the multicast routing code.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.