One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dull regularity of events or actions.‘the routineness of life’
- ‘I would rather have accepted the usual 'routineness' of life than all that stress.’
- ‘The focus on "stages" and "events" tends to gloss over the day-to-day humdrum, the mind-numbing routineness of it all.’
- ‘I think it has to do with the routineness of life sort of living by a timetable.’
- ‘The adoption of organizational rules is influenced by other factors such as routineness of organizational tasks and environmental complexities.’
- ‘The mix of gee-whiz gadgetry and the day-to-day routineness of Jack and Victoria's lives is interesting enough, but the film is too glacially paced.’
- ‘The routineness of it all belies just how much fun we were in for over the course of the mission.’
- ‘The user actively plays the role of producer and audience, not just in terms of a heightened pattern of interactivity but in the regularity and routineness with which Websites appear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.