One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly in karate) a kick made with a wide sweep of the leg and rotation of the body.
- ‘Now you shift your weight, and in response to my final, right-side punch, intercept my movement with a right-leg roundhouse kick.’
- ‘Moon knocked out his opponent just a minute into the bout after catching him in the temple with a reverse roundhouse kick.’
- ‘I jumped over the sweep, but he followed it up with a roundhouse kick that caught me right in the stomach in mid-jump.’
- ‘Adam then throws a roundhouse kick that catches the back of Andy's head.’
- ‘Standing up, he threw his weight into a roundhouse kick that shattered the mirror, raining deadly crystals over his room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.