One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for basketball
- ‘Ride through the neighborhoods on any hot summer night and you'll quickly bear witness to our city's torrid love affair with playground roundball.’
- ‘That is the case no longer - miraculously enough, the roundball has somehow caught up with the pigskin.’
- ‘Someone named after Julius Erving who grew up in the hoops hotbed of North Carolina is bound to have roundball embedded in his genes.’
- ‘For NBA hoops freaks like me, it means the start of a new season of roundball, and a month's worth of anticipation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.