One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- informal term for basketball
- ‘Someone named after Julius Erving who grew up in the hoops hotbed of North Carolina is bound to have roundball embedded in his genes.’
- ‘That is the case no longer - miraculously enough, the roundball has somehow caught up with the pigskin.’
- ‘For NBA hoops freaks like me, it means the start of a new season of roundball, and a month's worth of anticipation.’
- ‘Ride through the neighborhoods on any hot summer night and you'll quickly bear witness to our city's torrid love affair with playground roundball.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.