One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Eurasian freshwater goby that threatens native species of fish in the Great Lakes and Mississippi basin.
- ‘In Lake Erie, USA, smallmouth bass vigorously defended their nests from benthic round gobies.’
- ‘Warming of the Great Lakes is likely to cause a seasonal decline in algae, an important food source for fish, and could make the lakes more hospitable to invasive exotic species such as round gobies.’
- ‘As it often eats bivalves that filter the water, the round goby is a vector for bioaccumulation of many contaminants.’
- ‘One theory is that zebra mussels and another invasive species, round gobies, may spread contaminants up the food chain.’
- ‘Few Great Lakes bird or fish species eat zebras directly, but another Eurasian invader, the round goby, gobbles them up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.