1A folk dance in which the dancers form one large circle.
- ‘The village communities in the mountains have a tradition of the khorovod or the perkhuli (Georgian); namely, the round dance.’
- ‘You can go to a powwow or a round dance practically every weekend.’
- ‘An egalitarian peasant, exhilarated and probably drunk, grabs the hand of a girl from the visiting gentry, to drag her into the round dance.’
- ‘Booths and displays can be set up at events such as powwows, feasts and round dances.’
- 1.1A ballroom dance such as a waltz or polka in which couples move in circles around the ballroom.