One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Provençal sauce made from pounded red chilies, garlic, breadcrumbs, and other ingredients blended with stock, typically added to bouillabaisse.
- ‘He concluded by saying: ‘Expect excellent seafood, including proper fish soup with rouille and the lobster is spoken of in several counties.’’
- ‘The stew-like soup was served in the traditional style, accompanied by toasted bread and a rust-coloured sauce called rouille that's made with mayonnaise, saffron and other spices.’
- ‘This was a meal in itself and came with two ‘gravy’ boats with cognac and cream which you add yourself, and a French rouille of garlic on the side.’
- ‘Heath likes to serve chunky fillet steaks of white fish under a herby, lemony crust, often with tapenade or rouille.’
- ‘The homemade rouille was also delicate, but added that certain je ne sais quoi necessary for a good fish soup.’
French, literally ‘rust’, with reference to the color.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.