1Australian A marine fish with a deep laterally compressed body and large rough-edged scales that become spiny on the belly.
- ‘Orange roughy were found in concentrations in some locations, but underwater pinnacles and other obstructions made trawling very difficult.’
- ‘Florida Bay serves as a spawning ground for pretty much every fish in the central Atlantic - grouper, snapper, mahi-mahi, pompano, roughy.’
- ‘Orange roughy reach 150 years old and they don't reproduce until they're in the mid 20s to mid 30s.’
- ‘Orange roughie live 130 years and these things are completing their life cycle in a year.’
- ‘The smaller silver roughy, H. mediterraneus, has a similarly wide distribution but is of much less importance.’
2another term for ruff
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.