One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I gave the people who were listening and watching a roughish wink.’
- ‘An unexpected find on a previous expedition was a trawler that had disappeared in roughish weather in 1974 with all seven crew.’
- ‘Gone was the slightly long wavy blond hair framing the roughish good looks.’
- ‘In those pre-Watergate years, a certain air of roughish disrepute still clung to journalists as a species.’
- ‘Warts are small, skin-coloured, roughish lumps on the skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.