One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- French term for red mullet, used especially in cooking
- ‘So I started with potted crab with deep-fried squid and avruga, while Gus went for the warm salad of scallops and rouget with chorizo, olives and coriander.’
- ‘They serve the intense fish broth separately from the fish, which includes rascasse, rouget, langouste and tiny little crabs.’
- ‘The broiled rouget (with daikon radish and crunchy yellow lentils) had a similarly monkish, almost dried-out quality.’
- ‘For the rouget: In a bowl, combine the spinach, clams, chanterelle mushrooms, ham, garlic purée, and half of the thyme.’
- ‘Season and sear the petit rouget, skin-side-down, until desired doneness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.