One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- French term for red mullet, used especially in cooking
- ‘For the rouget: In a bowl, combine the spinach, clams, chanterelle mushrooms, ham, garlic purée, and half of the thyme.’
- ‘Season and sear the petit rouget, skin-side-down, until desired doneness.’
- ‘They serve the intense fish broth separately from the fish, which includes rascasse, rouget, langouste and tiny little crabs.’
- ‘The broiled rouget (with daikon radish and crunchy yellow lentils) had a similarly monkish, almost dried-out quality.’
- ‘So I started with potted crab with deep-fried squid and avruga, while Gus went for the warm salad of scallops and rouget with chorizo, olives and coriander.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.