One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's bad if it hides corruption and crime, and fails to reveal the rottenness at the core of the organization.’
- ‘But the actual reason Eastern spices were so much valued for so long was that their hot flavours concealed the taste of rottenness in the meat they were cooked with.’
- ‘It merely exposed the rottenness and the hypocrisy of the establishment he hated anyway.’
- ‘He grabbed my arm harshly and peered into my face so that I could see the horrible yellow rottenness of his teeth and smell his drink-addled breath.’
- ‘He has a long background of becoming persona non grata in places where he has struggled against what he considers to be endemic rottenness in society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.