One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor-driven machine with rotating blades for breaking up or tilling the soil.
- ‘When using a mechanical planter, the soil is first broken down with a rototiller and then then the bulbs are planted by a special bulb planting machine.’
- ‘We started with a rototiller and an idea, and only novice farming skills.’
- ‘Work the amendments into the top 6 to 12 inches of soil with a rototiller or garden fork.’
- ‘A low-slung chassis, no more than 15 inches at the shoulder, enables the basset to tunnel through bramble and brush like a four-legged rototiller.’
- ‘The small rototillers that have become popular in recent years have a difficult time working in dry, compacted soil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.