One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Air turbulence caused by a helicopter rotor.
- ‘Once the offload was complete and we began to take off, several of the children rushed under the helos in order to have the rotor wash send them tumbling along the ground.’
- ‘At that altitude, we'd be taking on salt spray from our rotor wash, so we climbed to 50 feet.’
- ‘U.S. military officials say rotor wash from the helicopter may have blown down the banner.’
- ‘We spilled into the light, and we were instantly lashed by a whirlwind of gravel and dust kicked up by the rotor wash.’
- ‘Keeping the helicopter and the raft within hoisting range was a challenge because our rotor wash constantly blew the raft away from us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.