One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An association of individuals who simulate selecting, managing, and playing baseball, using the names and statistics of actual professional players to determine results.
- ‘‘It's like a rotisserie league,’ the scout said.’
- ‘He is a type-A personality who runs the team's rotisserie leagues and thinks he's been underutilized as the team's closer.’
- ‘If you'd like something more advanced, try a rotisserie league in which owners select a full roster of players and accumulate their statistics in a variety of hitting and pitching categories.’
- ‘Last year's team looked like it was put together like a rotisserie league - lots of impressive names thrown together without caring whether the pieces fit properly.’
- ‘In a 5-by-5 rotisserie league with daily transactions, what are the advantages and disadvantages of committing all of my bench spots to starting pitchers and using as many as possible every day?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.