One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute multicellular aquatic animal of the phylum Rotifera.
- ‘It is particularly common amongst arthropods and rotifers, and can also be found in some species of fish, amphibians, birds, and reptiles, but not in mammals.’
- ‘The protein/lipid ratio is in the range found for rotifers, small multicelled fresh water organisms.’
- ‘In experiments using adult rotifers, we have shown that reciprocity held as long as no significant photoreactivation was observed.’
- ‘Mammals cannot regenerate lost limbs, although they do have a limited capacity to replace the ends of digits, and nematodes and rotifers cannot regenerate at all.’
- ‘Ludwig's plan also calls for growing rotifers and copepod nauplii in ponds or indoor tanks and redesigning a device called a rotating drum filter to harvest them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.