One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bread, especially a flat round bread cooked on a griddle.
- ‘If the sauce is poured over the kebabs, it can be served as the main dish along with naan, roti or chapatti.’
- ‘Turn spicy masala potatoes into a meal with some wilted spinach and warm naan or roti bread, or serve with seared fish or roast chicken.’
- ‘Janardhan took him to the bus stop after lunch, which once again had been of many dishes, paratha and roti.’
- ‘If you don't want a full meal, you can get roti bread with satay sauce for five bucks.’
- ‘Unleavened breads made with white and wheat flour are eaten with many meals; these include the robust naan, claybaked roti, and paratha.’
From Hindi roṭī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.