Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An individual retirement account allowing a person to set aside after-tax income up to a specified amount each year. Both earnings on the account and withdrawals after age 59½ are tax-free.
- ‘The earnings distributed from the Traditional IRA, however, will be treated as taxable income, whereas qualified distributions of earnings from a Roth IRA are tax free.’
- ‘There are lots of good reasons to roll over a traditional individual retirement account to a Roth IRA.’
- ‘Republicans would like to see income limits removed for IRAs, 401 s, and especially Roth IRAs, whose withdrawals are tax-free.’
- ‘Do you yourself have retirement accounts set up for yourself such as a Roth IRA?’
- ‘If you have a traditional individual retirement account, consider converting to a Roth IRA, where withdrawals are tax-free after you retire.’
Created in 1997 and named for Senator William Victor Roth II (1921–2003) of Delaware, who proposed this in Congress.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.