One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An individual retirement account allowing a person to set aside after-tax income up to a specified amount each year. Both earnings on the account and withdrawals after age 59½ are tax-free.
- ‘If you have a traditional individual retirement account, consider converting to a Roth IRA, where withdrawals are tax-free after you retire.’
- ‘Do you yourself have retirement accounts set up for yourself such as a Roth IRA?’
- ‘There are lots of good reasons to roll over a traditional individual retirement account to a Roth IRA.’
- ‘Republicans would like to see income limits removed for IRAs, 401 s, and especially Roth IRAs, whose withdrawals are tax-free.’
- ‘The earnings distributed from the Traditional IRA, however, will be treated as taxable income, whereas qualified distributions of earnings from a Roth IRA are tax free.’
Created in 1997 and named for Senator William Victor Roth II (1921–2003) of Delaware, who proposed this in Congress.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.