One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier An airfoil that rotates in an approximately horizontal plane, providing all or most of the lift in a helicopter or autogiro.
- ‘The modular architecture is intended to address the needs of a broad range of fixed and rotary wing air vehicles.’
- ‘The system gives 360° coverage against fixed and rotary wing aircraft, unmanned air vehicles and air launched missiles.’
- ‘Two Cobra rotary wing gunships also circled overhead, providing aerial reconnaissance, and prepared to employ fire support if necessary.’
- ‘Over time, initiative was slowly regained through suppression missions with airlifted mortar assets and close air support provided by fixed and rotary wing aircraft.’
- ‘He still has a long-term goal of becoming a rotary wing pilot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.