One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Boisterous and high-spirited.
- ‘Perversely, as soon as they take delivery, most owners are expected to ignore these rules anyway and replace the expensive silencer with the original rorty exhaust system.’
- ‘To this end a lot of work has been done on the induction and exhaust systems so that under certain circumstances they enable that V8 to produce a downright rorty snarl - just like a real sports car should.’
- ‘It also received funding, which a number of bloggers thought a bit rorty at the time (state money to try and win votes).’
- ‘It sounds like a motorbike obviously, but the rorty pitch of the exhaust is quite unique and is a major contributor to the character of the car.’
- ‘The new 2 liter four-cylinder is far from being a rorty, punch-in-the-back powerplant, but it does enjoy a bit of a wind-out and develops a distinctly throaty note as it winds towards its 6700 rpm red line.’
Mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.