One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He has a marathoner's unnatural leanness, to go with his mobile full lips, big beaky nose, and long, ropily veined hands.’
- ‘We all started fairly ropily, with only Arvo netting two points on the 1st hole.’
- ‘The paper is published daily except Fridays, and features plenty of local news mingled with several pages of agency reports and rather ropily written conservative comment.’
- ‘A ropily muscled black man in jeans and a maroon T-shirt stepped out.’
- ‘Teaching has to try to bridge, however ropily, the gap between those who are confident they have something to pass on and those who are less sure there's anything they need to learn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.