One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Cuban dish of shredded beef stewed in a tomato-based sauce.‘the ropa vieja was tender and delicious, as were the side dishes’
- ‘We ordered the ropa vieja on our first visit.’
- ‘I've been here 3 times and I've tried the oxtail stew, ropa vieja, fried pork chops, and roasted chicken.’
- ‘The first time, my friend had the chicken and I had the Ropa Vieja.’
- ‘Azucar teams quantity with quality in its ropa vieja, possibly the finest version of this shredded beef stew I have eaten in New Jersey.’
- ‘I am a monster when it comes to Ropa Vieja, and I was craving it, so when it arrived I dug in.’
- ‘The ropa Vieja was delicious and the plantains were very tasty.’
- ‘My family loved the fish with garlic sauce and Ropa vieja.’
- ‘Ropa Vieja has long been one of my favorite Latin dishes.’
- ‘We had an appetizer of ropa vieja on plantain, which was marvelous.’
- ‘A few months ago, I came here and had the ropa vieja platter and loved it.’
Spanish, literally ‘old clothes’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.