One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During surgery, the tumor appeared firmly attached to the posterior nerve rootlets, but gross total resection of the tumor was performed with sparing of the nerves.’
- ‘Most of the commercially valuable wild species derive their nourishment from the rootlets of living trees in a mutually beneficial relationship called mycorrhiza.’
- ‘Below the cervical enlargement, the dorsal rootlets, roots and ganglia diminish rapidly in size.’
- ‘The barley was first allowed to germinate, or sprout rootlets, in a moist environment.’
- ‘The rootlet then drills into the branch and spreads its developing roots under the bark and into the living tissue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.