Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A set of software tools that enable an unauthorized user to gain control of a computer system without being detected.
- ‘Simply click on the arrow above to stream a podcast about rootkits through your browser.’
- ‘Simply click on the arrow above to stream the podcast about rootkits through your browser.’
- ‘Today, anything that tries to hide its presence is often refered as a rootkit.’
- ‘Tucked away in a hidden directory, the rootkit is supposed to help "cloak" critical files selected by the fingerprint verification function.’
- ‘And, of course, there are reports that the root kit sometimes crashes servers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.