One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The square root of the arithmetic mean of the squares of a set of values, used as a measure of the typical magnitude of a set of numbers, regardless of their sign.
- ‘The correlation coefficient between predicted and actual total crop machinery costs and root mean square error will be used to measure the relative predictive accuracy of the models.’
- ‘The root mean square (similar to area under a curve) or power is then calculated for each of the frequency bands.’
- ‘Then the square root of the sum was taken to form a root mean square error.’
- ‘The average absolute error and the root mean square error are measures of forecasting accuracy.’
- ‘Whether the reader chooses to look at ratios of mean absolute errors or root mean square errors depends on his or her loss function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.