A disease of cultivated flowers and vegetables caused by eelworm infestation, resulting in galls on the roots.
- ‘Some soils, especially the warm, sandy loams that peas do well in, are often infested with root-knot nematodes.’
- ‘The research team discovered a comprehensive spectrum of parasitism genes in root-knot and cyst nematodes.’
- ‘In U.S. cotton, the major species comprise root-knot, reniform, lance, and sting nematodes.’
- ‘It is spread not only by grafting, but also by mechanical means and root-knot nematodes.’
- ‘The targeted pests were chickweed, prickly lettuce, and root-knot nematode.’