One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A service provided in a hotel allowing guests to order food and drink to be brought to their rooms.
- ‘At the hotel he had room service bring him his dinner.’
- ‘Before starting the next episode, I called room service and ordered a muffin and apple juice for breakfast.’
- ‘They had ordered hot cocoa from room service and gone through the photo albums that Pat had brought with her.’
- ‘She picked up the room phone and dialed the number for room service, ordering two ice cream sundaes.’
- ‘I would take you to the finest hotel in the city and order room service for us.’
- ‘She reached for the phone and dialed room service, ordering a nice dinner for two.’
- ‘In that case, vacation is all about the first-class seats and the best hotels or, at the very least, ordering room service without looking at the prices.’
- ‘Want to be pampered and made to feel a princess, order in room service, eat great food and have a ball.’
- ‘The hotel offered sumptuous cuisine, but she decided against ordering room service.’
- ‘The standard of cuisine is also very good, whether you order room service or eat at one of the three restaurants.’
- ‘There's no room service, and instead of a gym, guests wanting to exercise are offered directions to a nearby park.’
- ‘Most of the hotel's patrons either frequented the hotel restaurant or chose to get room service bring something to their rooms.’
- ‘He used the hotel's telephone to order breakfast from room service.’
- ‘Are you two expecting room service or are you going to come down for dinner?’
- ‘Guests are also entitled to 24-hour room service, as well as laundry and dry cleaning services.’
- ‘Dinner is a sumptuous affair and, rather incongruously for a hotel which doesn't feel like a hotel, there is round-the-clock room service.’
- ‘I stayed in the hotel and ate room service that night.’
- ‘We surfed until about three, then went back to the room and ordered a late lunch from room service.’
- ‘That night, back at the town's small hotel, they splurged on room service.’
- ‘Having not eaten on the long flight, I called room service and ordered a cheeseburger and fries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.