One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Since widespread romanticization of the Parisian café in the early 20th century, the model seems to have for a while been frozen.’
- ‘I ought to apologize to the younger me, who surely wasn't the geeky, eager innocent I just made him out to be, and who would have rolled his eyes at his older self's nostalgic romanticizations.’
- ‘This romanticization of lawlessness is hardly innocuous.’
- ‘Having lived through it all, as a youth, no less, and therefore naturally given to romanticization and idealization, I can tell you this much: The future ain't all it's cracked up to be.’
- ‘But there is another more complex way as well, one that does not depend on an idealization or romanticization of war.’
- ‘This article is a polemic which argues that the historians are mistaken in their condemnation of modern congresses as they are in their romanticization of past ones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.