One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like many foreigners, I rather dislike the most-recently adopted system of Romanization for the Korean language.’
- ‘It would be desirable to have a system of Romanization that differentiates them in a way that is more indicative of the actual phonetic values.’
- ‘In addition, Cherry dispels the myth of Roman soldiers and veterans promoting Romanization, pointing out that most soldiers originally came from urban centres and tended to settle away from the frontier-zone on discharge.’
- ‘By AD 83 or 84 a succession of first-rate governors had carried Roman arms to the far north of Scotland and garrisons to the edge of the Highlands - and were pressing ahead with Romanization.’
- ‘Outside this area, the clearest signs of Romanization are often found in the civilian settlements that grew up to serve the soldiers in the garrison forts of the north and west.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.