One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A writing desk with a flexible cover sliding in curved grooves.
table, work surface, bureau, writing desk, writing table, roll-top desk, lecternView synonyms
- ‘For example, brass beds and roll-top desks commanded big prices in the 1970s.’
- ‘The white roll-top desk that was stationed in the corner of the room had been opened and office supplies.’
- ‘I'd like, when I get old and have my own place, to have a roll-top desk to use as a proper writing desk.’
- ‘A roll-top desk that used to stand in one corner of my grandfather's office fell to my lot and was delivered to me in Hyderabad in July.’
- ‘A scratched, roll-top desk sat in the far corner of the large tent, with a partitioned box on top of it.’
- ‘Next to the bathroom stood an armoire, and next to that a roll-top desk.’
- ‘Now, if you're shopping for yourself and are looking for a library table, a roll-top desk and a new rug for your study, you should have measured all the details about that space and have that information at hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.