1A ballpoint pen using thinner ink than other ballpoints.
- ‘It's 5pm, and I'm sitting at a picnic table on the rec field with a writing pad and an ink rollerball.’
- ‘Available in several shapes, sizes, finishes and tips (including rollerball, ballpoint and fountain), all of the pens are refillable and are guaranteed for life against mechanical failure due to faulty materials or workmanship.’
- ‘Except for the fact that he carried a large messenger bag and preferred a rollerball pen to a quill, he would have fit the stereotype to the letter, had the general populace remembered what the stereotype was.’
An input device containing a ball which is moved with the fingers to control the cursor.
- ‘As with keyboards, there are lots of mice, rollerballs, graphics and other types of input devices to suit every taste.’
- ‘This is a metal keyboard with a rollerball and click button.’
- ‘The choice of pointing device - be it a touchpad, rollerball or pointing stick - is likewise a matter of personal taste.’
- ‘There are lots of alternatives to the basic mouse, such as rollerballs and pens, but a free option you might like to try is the MouseTool.’
- ‘The sonar workstations with rollerball controls.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.