One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bed fitted with wheels or casters, allowing it to be moved easily.as modifier ‘a rollaway bed’
- ‘You could squeeze 4 or 5 at a time into a hotel room - 2 in each bed plus a rollaway bed (which could be an extra charge).’
- ‘I lay on the green rollaway cot on the floor beside her.’
- ‘Nathan was snoring, and Amber had taken over the second rollaway bed, pretending to be asleep.’
- ‘It's not a real bed, just a rollaway bed the landlord lent us until my mother buys new furniture.’
- ‘Finally, when everything was done, Kouki collapsed on the rollaway with a contented sigh.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.