One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Contrive or extend a particular financial arrangement.‘this is not a good time for rolling over corporate debt’
- ‘Normally, trust companies roll these bonds over when they mature instead of redeeming them.’
- ‘The government announced last week it would roll the debt over to the next financial year.’
- ‘When payday comes, a clerk asks the applicant if hear she would like to roll the loan over to the next pay period.’
- ‘If you have not used last year's allowance, you can roll it over for one year only.’
- ‘You can remove these contributions from the plan tax-free before rolling the money over, although other penalties could apply.’
- 1.1British Carry over prize money in a lottery from one draw to the next, typically because the jackpot has not been won.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.