One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metal bar running up the sides and across the top of a vehicle, especially one used in motor sports, strengthening its frame and protecting the occupants should the vehicle overturn.
- ‘Start by contacting the manufacturer to find an authorized dealer in your area who can equip your tractor with a roll bar and a seat belt.’
- ‘The air-conditioned and heated cabin is fitted with a high resistance roll bar, a two-piece tiltable windscreen and a canvas roof with a dismountable frame.’
- ‘Copvertibles are more prone to flexing than are hardtops, so they will benefit the most from a well-built roll bar or cage.’
- ‘There's a roll bar to offer some protection to the top of the cylinder head and a hefty foam bumper at the front of the car.’
- ‘The 43 lb buggies are also fitted with roll bars to protect the pilot in a crash or from having his neck lacerated by the kite cable.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.