Arrive in a vehicle.‘we rolled up at the same time’
arrive, come, turn up, appear, make in an appearance, put in an appearance, show one's faceView synonyms
- ‘One afternoon, while writing their names in wet cement, a car rolls up beside them and a man, claiming to be a cop, steps out.’
- ‘When she rolls up to the house of the preternaturally nasty John at one point in the film, she seems genuinely surprised at his explosive reaction to her sudden intrusion.’
- ‘The bus rolls up to the porticoed entrance, literally bypassing the parking and traffic problems that the foundation's neighbors have been suing about.’
- ‘On the verge of his big break, Austin is house-sitting his mother's home in LA when Lee rolls up out of the desert like a bad mirage.’
- ‘With perfect timing, friendly Mick Taylor rolls up in his truck to save the day - except that the three young tourists are about to be led on a horrific journey into outback Australia's wildest heart of darkness.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.