One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Arrive in a vehicle.‘we rolled up at the same time’
arrive, come, turn up, appear, make in an appearance, put in an appearance, show one's faceView synonyms
- ‘On the verge of his big break, Austin is house-sitting his mother's home in LA when Lee rolls up out of the desert like a bad mirage.’
- ‘With perfect timing, friendly Mick Taylor rolls up in his truck to save the day - except that the three young tourists are about to be led on a horrific journey into outback Australia's wildest heart of darkness.’
- ‘When she rolls up to the house of the preternaturally nasty John at one point in the film, she seems genuinely surprised at his explosive reaction to her sudden intrusion.’
- ‘One afternoon, while writing their names in wet cement, a car rolls up beside them and a man, claiming to be a cop, steps out.’
- ‘The bus rolls up to the porticoed entrance, literally bypassing the parking and traffic problems that the foundation's neighbors have been suing about.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.