The smooth fall of response to zero at either end of the frequency range of a piece of audio equipment.
- ‘The roll-off is about - 6dB per octave starting at 160 Hz.’
- ‘A fixed roll-off was engineered into the vintage mic to counteract its gargantuan bass proximity effect.’
- ‘Rear dynamic roll-off adjusts the gentle roll-off filter applied to the L / R surrounds only.’
- ‘I required no roll-off (the mic has none) and placed the 3060 between the sound hole and the start of the fretboard, and about 18 inches out front.’
- ‘It has a relatively flat frequency response to 1000 Hz, then a rapid roll-off.’