One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A securities trader who engages in speculative trading without authorization.
- ‘For instance, in the case of the rogue trader at Diawa in 1995, severe restrictions were imposed and the company later closed down.’
- ‘The difference between a rogue trader and a star trader is like the difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist: it depends whether they win or lose the battle.’
- ‘The $691.2 million losses racked up over a five-year period by the 37-year-old rogue trader ensured a worldwide audience for the Irish bank.’
- ‘The following day, the identity of the 28-year-old rogue trader became known and it was reported that he was on the run from authorities in Singapore.’
- ‘The trading standards department has received enquiries about unnecessary and unsatisfactory work being carried out by rogue traders - and excessive charges made for that work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.