An Indian dish of curried meat, typically lamb, in a rich tomato-based sauce.
- ‘The non-vegetarian segment offers just as many sumptuous delights, starting with mutton and chicken rogan josh, gushtaba, rista and yakhni.’
- ‘The choice of main meals ranged from a selection of traditional dishes, such as rogan josh, bhuna and korma to a list of house specialities, which were slightly more expensive.’
- ‘Being vegetarian, I stay away from the rogan josh, tabak maz, yakhni and gushtaba, but their spicy fragrance wafts across to the vegetarian side of the buffet too.’
- ‘These days, chicken tikka masala and rogan josh are as much a part of British life as fish and chips.’
- ‘We tried vegetable samosas, butter chicken and rogan josh with biriani rice, all of which were very good and made to order.’
From Urdu roġan još.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.