Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Based on the questionnaire, physical examination, and roentgenography of the elbow, Pearson's chi-square test was used for statistical analysis.’
- ‘The first case diagnosed in life by roentgenography was reported by Kommerell in 1936.’
- ‘Conventional methods for cancer diagnosis use roentgenography, scintigraphy, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance imaging techniques for tissue imaging.’
- ‘This was performed only when there was no evidence of fluid in the pleural space as assessed by plain chest roentgenography.’
- ‘The diagnosis of medial ankle instability was made on the basis of the history and results of physical examination, including special maneuvers and plain roentgenography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.