Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Based on the questionnaire, physical examination, and roentgenography of the elbow, Pearson's chi-square test was used for statistical analysis.’
- ‘The diagnosis of medial ankle instability was made on the basis of the history and results of physical examination, including special maneuvers and plain roentgenography.’
- ‘Conventional methods for cancer diagnosis use roentgenography, scintigraphy, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance imaging techniques for tissue imaging.’
- ‘This was performed only when there was no evidence of fluid in the pleural space as assessed by plain chest roentgenography.’
- ‘The first case diagnosed in life by roentgenography was reported by Kommerell in 1936.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.