Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An X-ray photograph.
radiogram, radiograph, x-ray imageView synonyms
- ‘Anteroposterior and lateral roentgenograms, MRI scans, and direct visual inspection were used to screen human cadaveric knee specimens for inclusion in the study.’
- ‘The patient's chest roentgenogram was normal.’
- ‘A roentgenogram of the thorax revealed a large mediastinal mass, suggestive of lymph node enlargement.’
- ‘After placement, a chest roentgenogram or barium esophagography is performed to reconfirm stent position.’
- ‘A woman was admitted to our hospital due to abnormal shadows found on chest roentgenograms, and CT detected a number of pulmonary nodules in whole lung fields.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.